Online Counseling Services
Technology adds so much to our lives. From staying connected with loved ones to navigating on the road, the internet has revolutionized the way people do just about everything.
But the best recent innovation of all? We’d have to say online counseling.
You see, getting therapy online means so much more than getting to dodge traffic or parking fees. This powerful new option means you can speak with your counselor from absolutely anywhere—your home, your office, or even while out of town.
With online counseling, you don’t have to put your healing on pause for any reason.
Online Counseling Services We Provide
Currently, we offer:
- Online couples therapy
- Online marriage counseling
- Online counseling for anxiety
- Online counseling for depression
- Online PTSD counseling
- Online trauma therapy
- Online grief counseling
- Online psychotherapy
- Online nutrition and weight loss coaching
- Online OCD therapy
- Online mental health counseling
Our licensed therapists also stay up to date on new advances and innovations when it comes to treatment methods. We use these modalities to help you truly recover from whatever you’re dealing with, rather than merely “talking it out” during your sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
You likely have a few questions about this relatively new option and whether it’s right for you. Fortunately, since online counseling has been gaining popularity for several years now, we have scientific data to help address any questions or concerns.
What is Online Counseling and How Does It Work?
Online counseling, quite simply, refers to counseling sessions you attend virtually via text, phone, video call, app, or other online channels. Many different methods and modalities have been proven effective for online therapy—there’s no one type used exclusively for these sessions.
You’ll schedule your appointments, then you just have to login for each session. You’ll receive instructions to get everything set up ahead of time, whether you need to install an app or visit a specific website. Every counseling clinic has their own preferred system for secure and confident communication.
If you’d like to learn more about the platform we use for online counseling and how we protect your data, just give us a call at (561) 316-6553. We’re happy to answer any questions you have!
What are the Benefits of Online Counseling?
Some of the many benefits of online counseling include:
- Accessibility. In recent years, mental healthcare hasn’t been easy to find. Looking for a counselor who’s in your local area, takes your insurance, and is accepting new patients can often feel like a Herculean task. But with our online counseling, taking care of your mental health has never been easier.
- Privacy. For many people, the worry of being spotted in a waiting room or exiting a counselor’s office is huge. And the stress of having to discuss your mental health with someone you know makes it hard to get the most from therapy. Our online sessions are 100% private and discreet.
- Comfort. Feeling safe and being vulnerable in an unfamiliar space is a big hurdle. It’s also possible that you just can’t open up in a traditional counseling clinic setting. There’s nothing wrong with that—therapy should always be on your terms. You can attend online counseling sessions from your couch, bedroom, or wherever you’re most comfortable.
Can Online Counseling be as Effective as In-Person Therapy for Various Mental Health Issues?
Yes, recent research shows that online counseling can be equally effective as in-person therapy in many cases.
It all depends on the specific mental health condition. For example, moderate depression, social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and certain addictions have all been the subject of recent online therapy studies.
And participants dealing with these issues showed the same improvements whether they had in-person or online therapy.
But there are certain situations where online therapy wouldn’t be a good fit. If you’re experiencing suicidal thoughts or have been diagnosed with psychosis, in-person counseling would likely be a better fit.
You don’t have to make this decision alone. If you’re struggling to decide what would best serve you, just get in touch with us. You can always swap to in-person if online counseling isn’t quite right for you, and vice versa.
Who Is Online Counseling the Best Choice for?
Online counseling is the best choice for people who:
- Need an easy, convenient way to get mental health support
- Feel stressed at the idea of dealing with traffic, parking, and other hassles of in-person counseling
- Are comfortable communicating with a therapist through online mediums
Online counseling might not be the best choice right now if:
- You’d feel safer or more comfortable having sessions in a therapist’s office
- You’re dealing with urgent issues related to your mental health that would be better addressed with an inpatient program
- You struggle to communicate well over phone or video calls
How Do I Prepare for an Online Counseling Session?
You can prepare for your online counseling session with just a few easy steps:
1. Get the physical space ready. With online counseling, you can have sessions in the comfort and privacy of your own home. But this can have a downside. A loud, disorganized, or uncomfortable space can make it hard to get the most from each session. So, find a quiet, comfy spot where you can fully focus.
2. Write down any challenges or symptoms you want to discuss. Reflect on how things have been for you recently. Any troubling issues, changes in thought patterns, or new behaviors are worth mentioning. The more info you can provide to your counselor, the better they’ll be able to help you.
3. Write down any other questions you have. From big questions weighing you down to small things you want help with, spend some time jotting these down. Make sure you leave room to jot down any answers or resources discussed during your session.
4. Check your software and hardware before the session. There’s nothing more frustrating than connection issues during this valuable time. Make sure your camera, microphone, apps, and device are all ready to go ahead of time.
Not Sure if You Should Consider Online Therapy?
Even with all this information, we understand deciding to try online therapy can be a tough decision. But the best thing about this service is that it’s easy and affordable to try out.
You should also know it doesn’t matter whether you’re brand new to counseling or you’re very familiar with in-person therapy. You can benefit from online counseling no matter what level of experience or familiarity you have with the world of mental health.
We invite you to try a few sessions with one of our experienced, licensed therapists. We’ve helped thousands of people like you overcome issues related to trauma, depression, anxiety, OCD, and so much more.
Most importantly, we can help you truly heal and start enjoying all the incredible things life has to offer.
If you believe you or a loved one could benefit from online counseling, the first step is to contact Hawkins Counseling Center today. From there, we’ll get to know your needs and goals so we can continue supporting you every step of the way.